Saturday, September 8, 2007

Happy Weekend

Last night Josh and I had the pleasure of going to a banquet hosted by a local ministry called International Link, which networks with internationals in the Augusta area who are here for a variety of reasons. We served as table hosts, and we ate with 7 Chinese people. Most of them spoke English well, so it seemed like we were understanding each other pretty well. There were two women who live here with their families, and both of their mothers were here visiting from China. I got a big kick out of these older ladies. Neither of them spoke any English, but my favorite part was watching them eat the American food. We were served chicken and rice casserole, vegetables, fruit, and a roll. They both speared the roll with their forks and picked it up and took bites off of it that way. It was sooo funny!! They were good sports to try the food... can't say that I'd necessarily reciprocate in China. We had a lot of fun!! I learned that Chinese people don't eat butter or many sweet things or coffee or french fries or cheese, and they have way more fruits and vegetables that you can't get here... on the whole, Chinese people blow Americans out of the water in terms of healthiness. Way to go, China. Howie enjoyed spending the evening with some good friends from church.

We would like to make a huge announcement, right here and now... drum roll please... Howie slept a whopping 8 HOURS last night. Yes, that's right, folks. Our favorite little wide-eyed baby slept like a champ. Howie, here's to you, Buddy. Thanks for the great night.

Well, I guess that's all the updates for now. We wish you a great weekend!!

No comments: