Well, what is going on at the Desch home? Things are pretty much business as usual, in every part of our home. Let's start with the kitchen. As usual, dishes are piled up to the heavens. My sister Marnie was over at our apartment yesterday, and she walked in the kitchen and said, "Wow, you've got a mess in here." That's the truth. With dishes we take 2 steps forward... go on a cleaning binge, get all of the stuff in the sink clean and then only have to face the stuff on the counter, but then we make dinner and get a whole new round of dishes in the sink, plus what was already on the counter... it's getting ugly. Let's move to the front room. A combination bedroom/living room/TV room/playroom/office. As you can imagine, that room stays in a perpetual state of quasi-disaster. Rattles, diapers, books, random articles of clothing (some big and some small), dishes taken out of the kitchen since Howie is sometimes napping during lunchtime and you've got to eat sometime, bills and other random paperwork, etc. Try as I may, I have still not managed to find a system for keeping that room clean and tidy. Oh, well. Can't win them all.
As you can see from the pictures, Howie is starting slowly to take rice cereal a little bit better. Sure, I think he thinks it tastes like garbage, but I guess he's figured out that he can't only drink milk the rest of his life. Allow me to tell you about these photos:
1. Rice cereal from Aunt Marnie tastes just a little bit better. Yum! By the bottom of the bowl, his neck was resting in a puddle of spit out cereal sludge. No one ever said feeding a baby was a tidy affair.
2. If I had all of that food coming out of my mouth it would just be disgusting, but somehow Howie can pull off the letting-stuff-slide-out-of-my-mouth look.
3. Don't you wish you were this flexible? Howie's newest game is trying to suck on his toes. 20 years of yoga can't teach you that. His feet are still pristine, so sucking on his toe is still a nice thing to do.
4. Play time with Papa.
5. Howie's growing up fast... already reading books to himself.
6. Howie sporting his sherpa boots from his Aunt Jennie... talk about looking good. Josh says he's ready to lead an expedition up Mt. Everest in those boots.
7. "What are we supposed to do here? What are you doing, Papa? Should I smile or try to look cool?"
Well, we are heading to the great state of Arizona this weekend to spend Thanksgiving with Josh's grandparents. We're going to stop by the Grand Canyon while we're in town. I've never been, so I'm looking forward to that... it will be a great trip.
Happy Thanksgiving to all of you from us!!
No comments:
Post a Comment