Friday, April 4, 2008

Desch Family Update







Hi Friends!! We apologize for the lame-ness of our blog as of late... things have been quite busy. Howie is going to the doctor for his 9 MONTH check-up this afternoon! I can't believe that he's 9 months old now! He is blossoming before our eyes.

I now have reason to believe that Howie will follow in Mama and Papa's footsteps to become a dancing fool. Yesterday was a wretched, dreary day. It rained for a lot of the morning and was just cold and gray. Wednesday had been beautiful and we spent a lot of the afternoon outside, so we were both at a loss for what to do. I pulled all of this random stuff out of the cabinets for Howie to play with... we are having a serious toy crisis. Howie and I are both sick of his toys, so we've turned to the kitchen for entertainment. Lately these are the toys he's been playing with: a wire whisk, some mini cookie cutters, a huge slotted spoon, assorted cups and measuring spoons, a salt grinder, tea bags, salad tongs, etc. You get the point. Yesterday we had played with all the kitchen tools I could think of and had read every book and stared at each other as long as we could. Finally, it was time to dance. I put on some rocking music and started dancing like crazy. Howie started laughing. He had been silent all morning, I'm sure saying to himself that these toys were lame, but watching me dance finally brought him out of his silence and loosed his tongue. He started laughing and chattering as I danced my heart out. Josh and I always knew that dancing was in his blood, and this experience only confirmed it. Josh and I both have our dancing stories... Josh dancing so hard at my sister Emily's wedding that he threw up in my parents' front yard (before we were married), me going crazy more times than I can count. It's only a matter of time before Howie develops his own dancing lore. We're so proud.

No comments: