OK, not to go back to Twilight, but sometimes I really do feel like a vampire. Does anyone remember the part when Edward has to bite Bella and suck her blood or else she's going to die? He knows he's going to love it so much he doesn't know if he can quit and then she'll definitely die? Anybody with me? (If you haven't seen Twilight, don't bother... you can still follow what I'm saying.) Here is my point: having eczema is a lot like being a vampire.



This outbreak was several weeks ago now and I'm much better, but there is nothing that feels better than scratching the heck out of this skin. It's like you don't even know how bad it itches until you start scratching, and then it just feels so good you get shivers and you have to keep scratching until it's just bad- everything is oozy and raw and cracked and bleeding and swollen and then you're sorry that you started because it's going to be days before you can touch water and bend your fingers without wincing. If you don't want to get to that point you have to just leave it alone and never touch it, because if you start, that's most definitely how it's going to end unless you have some serious self-control. That's why I feel like Edward: if I start (scratching mind you, not sucking blood), I have to keep going. Stopping before my victim, my own skin, is dead is next to impossible.

2 comments:
stop it. this was awesome.
Betsy, you are hilarious. I'm glad you're back now :)
Post a Comment