We had a delightful trip to Peoria for Thanksgiving last week! Howie and I baked a vanilla cream pie for our contribution. This was my first attempt at a pie with a real pastry crust, and it was hard. I can't say that I was very proud of the crust- it was pretty tough and crunchy, but the filling was delightful. Howie was a good little helper. We cubed butter together for the crust- he tried to convince me to let go of the knife and let him cut by himself, and that gave me a good laugh. I had a very difficult time getting the crust rolled evenly and smoothly and then fitting it into the pie pan. Oh well- I'll hope for a better result next time but at least the inside was good. We spent Thanksgiving at my Aunt Martha and Uncle Glenn's house, and it was delightful as ever. The boys always so enjoy being with family!
The newlyweds! Carrie and Brent!
Grandma and Grandpa eating with the crazy 3-year olds
Marnie and Carrie


No comments:
Post a Comment