Well, we resumed the responsibility of our true age this morning bright and early when the boys awoke well-rested and ready to attack the day, despite our 18 year-old late night. Though I'm slightly envious of 99% of the other attendants who are still in bed until noon, I'm glad we went- it's not every day that you watch a movie with a jillion kids who clap when someone throws a good spell.
Josh, Betsy, Howie, Justice, & Wren Desch welcome you - blogging since January 2007
Friday, July 15, 2011
Harry Potter 7 Part 2, and Returning to My 18 Year Old Self
That's right, folks, Josh and I saw Harry Potter 7 Part 2 last night at 12:01 AM with my sister Marnie and brother-in-law Chris. Although we thought it was fitting, perhaps expected, that we should don wizard cloaks and take a stick as a wand, we went normally clothed. It's probably fair to say that we were among the minority on several counts: age, choice to attend in muggle clothing, and having responsibility in the morning. It was really something to see the entire theater flooded with Harry Potter enthusiasts. I've read all 7 books and thoroughly enjoyed them, but for most of these kids it seemed to be more than a casual enjoyment. Harry Potter was a lifestyle. I thought the movie was fabulous- it's been 4 years since I read the book (and if you're a faithful blog reader you'll remember that we were called out of Harry Potter 7 part 1 due to Justice deciding to freak out on our dear babysitter), but from what I remembered it seemed to be a faithful rendering of the book and I really enjoyed it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment