Monday, December 5, 2011

An Ode to a New York Bagel

Oh New York bagel, how I love you. Chewy and soft on the inside, slightly crusty on the outside, you are a gastronomic delight of epic proportions. Slathered in butter and jam, you are a celestial food belonging to another sphere. You make Panera bagels hang their heads in shame as they realize how poorly they imitate you. Oh that I could eat you moment by moment and not get fat!! You fill our mouths with gladness and our stomachs with fullness. May we always live within walking distance of a hot bagel store.

3 comments:

Jodi said...

You do realize don't you with bagels like that you're making very hard on yourself to ever move anywhere else! Miss you dear friend, wish so badly we could salivate over one together! (or maybe one each!) xoxo

lisa said...

just reserve those strawberry bagels as dessert-treats only, thus saith bryan r. loney. you make me laugh. this is a great post.

Suzanne said...

Um, I miss you :)