Well, I got an early morning (5:37, to be exact) wake-up call from the sweetest little alarm clock ever. As I stumbled into the kitchen to get our little rooster out of his crib a few minutes later once it was clear that he was wide awake and ready to play, I thought two things.
1. Josh is not going to be happy that Howie is getting us up this early.
2. We need coffee.
Many a morning Josh is not too excited about the time that our early riser chooses to wake up, but when he sees that sweet little face of our boy who is so happy to be awake, time (albeit an hour which is better slept-through) becomes unimportant.
This morning was no exception. If he's honest Josh would tell you that he would prefer that I get Howie out of bed and immediately feed him, since that process obviously does not involve him and he can keep sleeping. But since Howie is nearing 6 months I've learned how to involve Papa in the morning. The best way is to put Howie right on his chest and let him squawk right in Josh's face. Then he has no option but to wake up and be excited about our sweet little baby, even if it is early.
So we got out of bed at Howie's call, made sure he was fed and got a clean diaper, and headed into the kitchen for breakfast and to make that desperately-needed coffee. Our coffeemaker has been somewhat sporadic lately... the last few mornings it's spewed nothing but brown water tasting faintly like coffee. Josh's roommate Casselbuddy from Covenant gave us a French press for our wedding and we had yet to use it, although we had intended to several times. I guess it was just that the making coffee in a coffeemaker is really easy- it's coffee for dummies. The French press looked a little more challenging. But this morning seeing as we weren't really wanting that brown water, we decided to attempt the French press. Let me tell you, it was good. It was so good, in fact, that Josh even wanted some of the grounds in his cup to chew on. I'm not sure why he wanted to do this. Fatigue? Insanity setting in? Caffeine euphoria? Probably a little of each. Let that stand as proof that the French press gave us a seriously good cup of coffee. (Don't worry... Josh soon decided that the grounds are in the bottom of the press for a reason, that being that they're GROSS and not intended to be consumed.) So here's to you, Casselbuddy... you REALLY came through for us this morning!!!
Hope ya'll are having a wonderful Christmas season!
1 comment:
Oh wow. I'm so glad you found a good use for it! I know it is a big step to use it for the first time - so intimidating to try to get it right - but really once you see how easy it is you can't turn back. I honestly don't know how to use a coffeemaker with the right proportions because I've made french press every morning for four years.
Post a Comment