Monday, July 21, 2008

The Joys of Moving

Josh and I finally undertook the huge job of hanging pictures last night. This is our 3rd move as a married couple, and for some reason, hanging pictures in our new home has been a late night project every time. Last night was no exception. After we finished the mountain of dishes in our kitchen (alas, still dish woes at our new house), we decided to get a couple pictures hung. I don't know if we just have the most complicated pictures in the world, or if we make it harder than it is, but it's always a herculean task getting two hung in particular. We have this one huge picture that was taken during our engagement- I've heard it referred to has our "glamour shot"- that one is always horrible to hang. Josh literally had to redo one of the hooks 3 times before the stupid thing was remotely level, and then I had to monkey with it some more before it was perfect. I told Josh that we can't breathe walking by it for fear that it will fall to where it's actually nailed into the wall. But it is looking homier- I love the stage where you finally have everything hung up. It's a pain, but well worth it.

Other than hanging drama, things are going well at our house. We went to our first Cardinals game on Saturday afternoon and roasted in the sun for a few hours- we just moved from Augusta and I guess I thought that I was immune to the heat somehow, but it seems like St Louis is somehow hotter. I walked out of my house last night around 11, and it was still humid enough to make you wilt on the spot. Anyway, the game was really fun- Howie wasn't wild about it, but the rest of us enjoyed it.

Gotta run- have a great day!

No comments: