I guess that Howie has realized that he is now entering the toddler phase, because Wednesday was the day of our first parent-authority showdown. Howie was in an old-fashioned high chair at a friend's house, one of those kinds where the tray flips over and down the baby's head. He discovered that he would lift the tray up and it would start to go over his head, but I didn't want him to do that because all the food on the tray would fall onto the floor (or in his hair, even worse). I repeatedly told him "NO," and had to try my hardest to keep a straight face as he laughed at me and kept trying to do it. Over and over I said "NO," while he kept trying. Eventually I held the tray down and said "No," and his little face turned red as he tried with all of his might to get that tray up. Finally I couldn't hold back the laughter anymore and broke a smile... of course that was a bad idea because then he thought he was funny. Ahh, the beginning of mom-trying-not-to-smile-because-she-shouldn't- battles.
Howie's getting smarter. The other day he was sitting in his high chair with some blueberries on the tray. He likes blueberries, but seeing as they're fun circular shapes, I could see the little wheels in his head turning and telling him it would be more fun to throw them off the tray onto the floor and see them roll around. So I watched him pick his blueberries up one at a time with his chubby little fingers, lean over the side of his chair, and drop them very intentionally. It was so funny to watch him figure that whole process out.
The other day we were invited to the birthday party of one of our little neighbor girls via a swimming noodle that was placed in front of our door. The details about the party were written on the noodle. Howie thought that noodle was really cool and picked it up with one hand while holding Papa's finger with the other hand. It was soooo funny to see him carrying that thing around, since it was more than twice his length!!
Just a couple of Howie stories for you- more and more he's just making us laugh every day!
Have a great weekend!!
No comments:
Post a Comment