Friday, November 7, 2008

Howie, the Halloween Horse

Howie eating a cupcake for breakfast, left over from a neighborhood birthday party that my precious neighbors threw the night before! What a wonderful way to start the day for Howie!

Howie's office these days... he loves playing with anything and everything in the fridge.









Howie enjoyed his first Halloween. He actually did let me put the horse costume on him, much to my surprise. In fact, he seemed to like it as time went on. He had a trick or treating learning curve... at the first house we rang the doorbell, and the man came outside holding a bowl of candy. He bent down to bring the bowl to Howie's eye level and prompted him to pick something, at which point Howie surveyed the candy, decisively turned around, and walked the other way without picking anything. It was sooo funny!! I guess he didn't realize that candy is the point of Halloween, but by the second house he was already wising up. This time he actually reached in the bowl for something. All in all, it was a smashing success. Howie got to prance around my parents' neighborhood in a horse costume, and I ate his candy. What's not to like???

Though we were all still entrenched in disease over the weekend, I think we've turned the corner. Even though Howie is not great at sharing things, he's willingly shared his sickness with me first, and then Josh. Then we were all hacking. I think it's next to impossible to avoid getting sick when everyone is in such close proximity and Howie usually uses my clothing for kleenex. I have washed more snotty clothes in the last week than the previous several months combined. Yuck.

There is much more to say but not enough time so say it, so I will let this and the pictures do the talking for now and catch up in the next couple of days!

1 comment:

Springer and Laura Susan said...

Howie is the cutest horse I have ever seen!
Hope y'all are doing well!