Friday, June 26, 2009

Bowie Update

Lest my faithful readers forget that we are expecting another baby August 30th as I often do, let me remind you that I am indeed almost 31 weeks pregnant. Josh and I just kind of had a wake-up call the other night after I went to the doctor that Lord willing we will have 2 kids in a matter of weeks and we need to be ready! (if that's possible) Toward that end I have actually begun to think about the birth and what we need to gather before Bowie arrives. It's so funny the second time around- when we were this close to having Howie there was little else on my mind, but as I spend this summer as a Hebrew widow and mother of an on-the-go 2 year old, it seems like Bowie has gotten pushed to the sidelines. Poor Josh has been completely swamped with this insane 8 week Hebrew class, and everything else has just kept our family pretty busy.

Anyway, I just went to the doctor last Monday and will have to start going every other week now until Bowie appears. Everything seemed to check out fine, and I had the dreaded glucose test where you have 5 minutes to drink the nastiest sugary drink on the planet and then sit an hour to have blood drawn. I remember doing that test with Howie, but I feel like the drink they gave me was basically red Hawaiian Punch on steroids (in terms of sugar content, if that's possible). This time around it was a seemingly harmless clear color, but it was even more disgusting than the electric red one. However, I managed to choke it down and submit to the nurse taking my blood (a process I HATE- needles give me the creeps in the biggest way- WHY was I a pre-med major??) and passed the test. I know that there are many worse things in life, but I'm glad that that part is behind me.

We'll keep you posted on future Bowie updates as we get them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Betsy, Josh & Howie;

I've got my fingers crossed that Bowie will be a girl!!! Take care girly!! WGF