
This guy is really something else. He can make you do things you always said you'd never do. Here's an example from last night. I took the boys (and Wren- still not used to that!) to Chick-Fil-A for lunch yesterday (who knew Chick-Fil-A was in New Jersey?? YAY!!) and we had a wonderful time. When they asked for a snack later in the day, I wanted them to eat some fruit since lunch was a nutritional bust. Howie ate his without complaint, but Justice is another story altogether. To make a long story short he eventually ate a little but I wanted him to eat a bit more before having anything else to eat. He was set on eating some animal crackers right then, with no more fruit before. I was weakening and weakening... this is embarrassing... and I finally told him to take one more bite. It was an apple slice, and he threw it down on the floor. I told him that was not ok, but then he kicked it under the dishwasher. I found this so hilarious that I was laughing behind my hands. I gave him another one and told him to eat it, and he pushed that slice far under the dishwasher with a maniacal giggle. At this point I lost it, and he too was laughing his head off. He definitely won that round. Although defiance is not funny, you wouldn't know it from that interaction. Gotta work on that doing what mama asks with a cheerful attitude.
3 comments:
When you figure it out with your own, come teach mine!
SHOOT. Obviously this is Suzanne.
I love Justice.
So much.
He and Caleb are kindred spirits. When I tell Caleb, "No" because he's getting into something he shouldn't, his response is always to throw whatever he's holding across the room.
Post a Comment