Friday, August 22, 2008

Howie Pets A Goat, and Other Things


My new haircut: I'm trying to grow my hair out for the 900 millionth time. It's hard to see in this pic, but it actually does look pretty good for an awkward in-between phase.
Our new jogger stroller, courtesy of our neighbors Jen and Chris! I had wanted one so bad, and this practically rolled onto my doorstep! Add this to our stroller fleet, and hopefully my pathetic fitness will improve.
My herb garden- I'm so proud of my little basil plant taking off!
This is our tomato jungle- Josh and I aren't exactly "master gardeners", as it were, but there are actually some tomatoes growing in that mess.

This has been an eventful few weeks! We went to the St Louis Zoo on Tuesday afternoon and had a wonderful time. It's huge and free, so we plan on going back to catch what we missed- Howie didn't have enough energy to see everything since it was so big. He especially enjoyed petting the goats, seeing different kinds of reptiles and amphibians, and lots of other animals.


I think his clear favorite was the meercat exhibit. He couldn't get enough of the meercats. Not sure why, but he kept leading me back over there.




Howie is currently on vacation with my parents in Illinois, where he's been since Wednesday night. It has been so quiet around here!! Josh and I could barely remember a time when we didn't think about grabbing diapers, a cup and snack, and a change of clothes when going out the door. It's so easy to leave the house when you just have to grab your keys and purse. It has been weird to leave the house to do something at 8:00 PM and not think about a babysitter!! No naptimes to think about, no lunches or dinners for a hungry little person, no food getting smashed into the kitchen floor that was once on a highchair tray- we're back to the days when we can basically do whatever we want to whenever we want. Now that we have so much freedom, we can't wait to get Howie back!

No comments: