Friday, November 25, 2011

And Now... Introducing Reverend Joshua W Desch

I am so proud and grateful to say that Josh was ordained as a pastor this past Sunday! It was such a joy to watch as the service unfolded and we could see the culmination of years of service and study. Although this is only the beginning of ministry, it's such an important milestone marking God's faithfulness to our family throughout this journey, and it was truly a joyous event. While we wished we could have celebrated with all our family and friends, we were so blessed to be joined by my mom, Grandma Fisher, Aunt Martha, Em, Rob, and of course precious John and Violet. I am so proud of this man. He is a wonderful husband and father who gives of himself tirelessly to serve me, and I have watched over the past several years as he has humbly dedicated himself to study and preparation for ministry. God has truly blessed us over and over again, and I was keenly aware of that as I wiped tears from my eyes while Josh was ordained. Thank you, Lord! We give You praise and glory! You are a mighty God!

Here are some snapshots of the ordination service...







Wren and I stand proudly with the new reverend

Howie dressed to the nines for the service... we wanted to get a family pic but Justice was already in bed for his nap! Sundays are tough for the kiddos!!

Now for you who are really wanting the whole experience, I'm going to post the video that was made of the service... it's in 2 parts. Figuring out how to post these actually made me feel like a computer programmer. (That's pretty sad... it really wasn't that hard.)

2011-11-20 Josh Desch Ordination and Installation 1 of 2 from GRC-Teaneck on Vimeo.


2011-11-20 Josh Desch Ordination and Installation 2 of 2 from GRC-Teaneck on Vimeo.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So excited for you all! I know this is a big step toward a lifetime of ministry.

Suzanne said...

Congratulations to you both! I'm so happy for your family and wish we could have been there to celebrate with you.

Jodi said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this! Huge congrats special friend to you both! Miss you guys so much, we were there with you in spirit. Love you xx

Meyer Family said...

Congrats Desch Family!! What a wonderful journey you're starting as a family. :) You are in our prayers. LOVE you guys!!!