Thursday, November 3, 2011

Learning How To Do Zone Defense

Josh and I are learning to transition from playing man-to-man defense to zone defense, and it's tough. We've had good days and bad days, but we're all adjusting slowly to being a family of 5.
I have had several outings with all 3 kids and they've gone fairly well, much to my surprise!! We've had a few near-disasters, but overall I'd say we're doing OK. The boys are obsessed with Wren... Howie's most common utterance right now is "Mama, I just want to kiss Wren up!!" It's pretty funny. Here are some pics.
Here we are, bags under eyes and all!!

The boys have had a blast cleaning up the aftermath of our October blizzard!!

Howie hard at work, learning how to write his letters. He loves his preschool! Josh and I can see all the ways he's learning and growing.

Our one Halloween picture! We were staying with a family from church on Halloween since our power was still out, and we got to trick-or-treat in their neighborhood! Howie was a fireman! And Justy was himself!! To no one's surprise, he refused to wear his horse costume. Funny to trick-or-treat in the snow!

Wren showing off her growing fat rolls at her 2 week check-up. She weighed in at 9 lbs 15 oz, a real chunker!!

Howie at his easel, creating all sorts of wonders. I think this one was a cow and then it morphed into a family portrait somehow.

Howie giving brotherly love... Wren is just thrilled

Daddy and Wren watch the World Series together- go Cards!! We were sooo excited!! So proud that earlier this year we were St Louis residents!

our sweet girl

Wren models the sweater I made for her- it's so tiny she'll be out of it in a couple more weeks!

proud big brother

Wren napping in her crib- we're having so much fun with all the pink!

Wren models her beautiful sweater from Great Aunt Martha

OK this is weird... I went to get acupuncture 3 times during the 2 weeks that Wren was due to come but just wasn't coming and in addition to acupuncture my chiropractor did something called "moxibustion" where he lit these little hexagons on fire and put one on both of my little toes. This was very weird. I came home and googled it and it's a Japanese thing that's supposed to increase uterine blood flow or something. Crraazzy!!

Wren is subjected to the dreaded tummy time... yeesh that head is heavy!!

The aftermath of the blizzard in our backyard... big branches just kept falling in the front and back. Today a big excavator and dump truck came to collect all of the branches in the street and the boys thought it was pretty awesome!

Daddy and Justy

More Howie and Justy love

How cute is this guy???

One more funny Howie story- a good friend from church brought us dinner tonight, which included chicken wings! The men of the family got excited. I ate one and thought it was a bit spicy, but good. Howie was eating some and all of the sudden he got kind of crazy eyes and his veins started popping out a little (if you know him you've probably seen it before) and he said "I need a drink!!! Daddy why did you move my drink??" I started laughing and said it was because his mouth was on fire, to which he said "Let me see- I don't see any fire." Hilarious.

7 comments:

Jodi said...

LOVE all these photos and you look FANTASTIC! Miss you sweet friend! Love you xx

lisa said...

oh that is a great story. funny howie. we miss him at meal times. 'this is dewicious miss wisa'. though he hasn't spoken that way in 2 years its a fond memory in our home. we love you howie!

Suzanne said...

Hey lady! Thanks for the post. That little Wren is just too much. In fact, Zach is taking an extra-short nap because he knows I'm looking at pictures of his future wife without him and he's irritated. :)

The Morginskys said...

um, i am going need to see a tour of your house via pictures. and hey lady, zone D gets easier! although frankie just slept through the night for the FIRST time on weds.....here's hoping Wren sleeps like a champ!

The Morginskys said...

oh and we've had snow TWICE since we've been here (a month!) and lost power too! who knew!!

Anonymous said...

Love the blog update! Great pics! You all look like you are thriving and loving the girlie addition to the fam. Can't wait to hold her in my arms very soon. Aunt Martha

Rachel said...

Love the pics n pink, Bets! Your fam is so precious. Hope to get to see you one of these days. Love.