Friday, July 20, 2007

Back & Better Than Ever

Alright, I have returned to the blogging world from my extended maternity leave. Let me tell you, becoming a mother is no small adjustment. I have left the 9 AM to 5 PM world for the 24-7 world, where the work never stops. Feed Howie, burp Howie, feed Howie some more, burp Howie again, change Howie's diaper, figure out why Howie is a little fussy, put Howie on the floor to play, pick Howie up, swaddle Howie in a blanket, put Howie in his crib for a nap, check on Howie... in between all of that I'm trying desperately to find time for the most mundane things such as, well, going to the bathroom, showering, brushing my teeth, doing dishes, making phone calls, getting a drink of water... whoever said being a stay at home mom is an easy job has obviously never tried it. Then you throw in laundry, grocery shopping, bill paying, exercising, and things just go from crazy to insane. But Josh and I are really happy and are learning to adjust to this new little person being in our lives. Howie really is a sweet baby.

I have spent this past week in Peoria with my family while Josh has been in Canada on a youth missions trip. Howie coming to Peoria has made as much of an impact as a visit from the Pope, seriously. He has had many well-wishers coming to see him, and seeing me has become somewhat of an afterthought... it goes like this. "HOWIE!! YOU ARE SO BEAUTIFUL!! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!" And then five minutes later... "Oh, hi Betsy. How are you doing?" Now just so you know that is a little exaggerated, but there's definitely more truth than exaggeration there. I don't blame anyone- I would do the exact same thing in their shoes.

Well, I wish each one of you a wonderful weekend! It's good to be back!!

No comments: