Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Funny Things Happening at Our House





1. Howie is developing a disturbing habit of pulling his own hair. On 3 separate occasions we have heard a shriek from our sweet baby followed by lots of frantic crying, only to find that he is holding a little handful of his own hair in a death grip and pulling for all he's worth. He does have a strong grip, and I feel so sorry for him! He's yet to figure out that he's the source of all that pain. Until he makes that connection, Josh and I will be particularly vigilant to prevent any more hair-pulling traumas.
2. Seeing as we live in a quite wooded setting, we have more than our fair share of critters around our apartment. We've had dead scorpions find their way into our kitchen 3 times, the same teensy frog come inside our apartment twice, and all kinds of other creatures around. We have the distinct privilege of becoming acquainted with some kind of bug or amphibian who lives in the garden outside our window. This bug/other sort of creature seriously sounds just like a sheep when it makes its bleating-type sound, hence the name we gave it, the sheep bug. But the incident the other day truly took the cake. I was home alone with Howie and heard a noise at the windows on our patio.
I looked, and lo and behold, a squirrel was crawling all over the screen of the window. Never have I been so close to a squirrel. There seems to have been something tasty in the window sill of our window. That was truly disturbing. I had to wait until the squirrel left before I could go outside, lest it should join the rest of the wildlife inside our apartment and cause some serious problems. Thankfully we have yet to spot any roaches. I can deal with most bugs now, but roaches are beyond my scope of tolerance. They are truly the scum of the earth, in my humble opinion.
3. Josh and I are quickly becoming seasoned professionals in the biohazard clean-up department. Howie is quick to dirty diapers, burp cloths, and clothing (both his and our's), and we are quick to clean it up. I'm finding that one of the most important accessories for parents is a washer and a dryer. I think that sometimes Howie makes almost an entire load by himself in just a few short hours.
4. Josh and I are watching the reality show "Age of Love" on NBC where a 30year- old bachelor has to choose between a woman in her 20's and one in her 40's. This show is desperately bad, but somehow we are totally hooked. OK, more like I'm totally hooked and I rope Josh into watching it with me. There's just not much happening in summertime TV.

Well, I guess that's all for now. I know there are other things that I wanted to mention, but my brain is fried. Have a great day!

No comments: