Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Our Bundle Of Joy & His Little Tummy






Hmm, what's been happening in the Desch household as of late? Well, here's some big news... Josh and I are making our return to the kitchen. Seriously, up until now we've had meals from people at church almost every night since we got home from the hospital, which has been nice. It felt a little strange to get back into the saddle last night, but I did get dinner on the table before 9:00 and it was actually decent, which is a small miracle all things considered. Since I'm nursing Howie and we've found him to have quite a discriminating, sensitive little tummy, my diet is somewhat limited. So this was my thought process when deciding what to make for dinner last night.
"Hmm, some kind of pasta?"
"No, Howie doesn't like garlic."
"Hmm, how about something Chinese-y?"
"No, Howie doesn't like garlic or anything too crazy."
"Hmm, how about something Mexican?"
"HECK no, Howie does NOT do spicy."
We ended up with plain chicken, sweet potatoes, and snap peas. Yummy? Yes. Crazy? No. I've learned that food experimentation and breastfeeding are NOT good companions. It's not worth trying a bite of that taco if that one bite is going to haunt you for the next several hours in the form of lots of crying and excessive spitting up. So if you're making taquitos and looking for some people to invite over, pass us by for the next several months. Howie says he'll pass.

Have a great day!!

No comments: