Well, Folks, a hint of fall has come to Augusta. It has FINALLY been very cool in the mornings and evenings, which has been wonderful. Last night we slept with the windows open and heard such a loud noise we were sure it was the microwave melting down or something, but no, it was just a creature of the wild making its presence known. Howie and I have been enjoying taking a lot of walks in his stroller. The weather has been beautiful, and he has loved seeing what there is to see outside. I can tell that I'm dreadfully out of shape because we have a little hill in the driveway, and I'm practically huffing and puffing to push the stroller up it. Yeesh.
The picture with Howie wearing a hat kind of tells you everything you need to know about my transformation into a Southerner. Was it chilly? Yes, but probably only by Augusta standards. I think the heartier Midwestern mamas might not have seen the same need to bundle Howie up. But hey, he looks so precious in that hat that I didn't hesitate to use it when the opportunity presented itself. Besides, better to err on the side of caution, right?
Last night was Monday Night Football, of course, and even though Josh and I didn't particularly care about the game, we had so much fun anticipating football being on. I am also definitely getting into the Christmas spirit even though it's still 2 months away, so we decided to listen to Christmas music before the game and make hot chocolate. I think the cooler weather is getting me in the mood. Now neither of those things happened because when you have a baby you can have all the plans in the world, but chances are not that good that you'll accomplish your plans because Howie throws a monkey wrench into everything. We're glad he does- it's a CUTE monkey wrench- but all that to say that we didn't get our Christmas cheer in last night. Not like we don't have plenty of time. Ho Ho Ho!!
I guess that's about all for now. Happy Tuesday!!
2 comments:
We love Howie!
Are y'all going to be in town the weekend of Nov. 17? We are coming to Augusta for our dear friend Charles' wedding, and we hope we get to see you and finally meet precious Howie!!!
bets, he is so adorable. i mean, really. love you so; come visit the seminary next semester when jimmy jim jim is up here!
Post a Comment