Friday, October 26, 2007

Yippee, It's Friday!!

OK, even though I'm not working a formal "job" as it were, Fridays are still so much fun to me. Maybe it's because the weekend is coming, even though Saturdays are basically like every other day except that Josh is home. I guess excitement about Fridays is just built in.

Today I'm blogging with Howie on my lap, so if there are some spelling mistakes, please understand that he's squirmy.

I bought a Palm Pilot back when I was in college, thinking it would help me get super organized, but for some reason it didn't really work out like that. My roommates would tell you that it basically became an annoying alarm clock that kept going off over and over as I pushed snooze as many times as possible. It's true that it did play annoying music for the alarm, but it usually did the trick to get me up out of bed after what was usually a short night of sleep. So I didn't really get organized the first time around. But now I'm finding that I'm seriously lacking organization in my new super stressful job as stay at home mom. There's so much to remember!! So I have resurrected my Palm Pilot, and it's actually filling an important hole in my organizational life. Here is an example of some of my most recent entries: "Change the sheets in Howie's crib." "Pull chicken out of freezer for tomorrow night's dinner." "Vacuum the carpet." I'm finding that household management is not one of my strengths, so I need some help with reminders of what to do when. Maybe not the kinds of things that most Palm users are setting alarms for, but I think it's going to be a big help.

I would just like to let it be known that Howie is currently sucking on my left arm, which is seriously compromising my typing. I'm glad that I actually showered today!!!

Well, best weekend wishes to all of you from these two bloggers!!

No comments: