Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Post-Hebrew Relaxation

Josh just finished his summer Hebrew course this past Friday, and we could not be more thrilled. I think this is my favorite break that Josh has had since coming to seminary because he worked so hard during Hebrew. I'm SOOOO glad that at least for now neither of us has to look at those annoying little notecards (Josh to study, me to sneer at on the kitchen table), we don't have to feel pressure for him to study when we'd rather do something fun with Howie, and we have complete freedom to just enjoy being together before Baby Bowie arrives.

I'm officially at 37 weeks and 2 days, so I'm not thinking that I'll deliver any time in the next few days- I'm almost positive I'll be late like I was with Howie- but our thoughts are moving that way. Bowie's car seat is already installed in the car so Howie could get comfortable with a fellow passenger seat back there with him, complete with his baby doll Bojangle (please know that JOSH named the baby Bojangle, not me), or Bojo as Howie calls her from time to time. Bojo is acting as a placeholder until Bowie arrives to occupy his/her car seat, which looks a little weird, but is hopefully helping Howie come to terms with the fact that his life will be turned upside down in a few short weeks. It's hard to know how much he understands, but we're praying that this will be a good transition for him and we'll all know how to help him adjust to his new role as big brother. Josh and I are both thinking that he'll adore his new brother or sister once he gets used to not being the only one, but the transition may be a bit rocky for him, as it will probably be for all of us.

But for now, here are some pics of what we've been doing with our free time!!

Eating peanut butter and banana sandwiches while barely able to see over the table

Playing trains like it's going out of style

Eating watermelon constantly, and I really mean that

Playing in the crabby sandbox, regardless of the humidity level

Reading endless rounds of books, often the same one repeated 3 or 4 times in a row

Getting another big old haircut! Josh talked me into an even closer buzz than last time, but I guess it will grow out fast. It's good for the heat.

No comments: