Josh, Betsy, Howie, Justice, & Wren Desch welcome you - blogging since January 2007
Wednesday, August 26, 2009
Howie Gets a Nativity Set in August
The other day we took Howie to pick out a new toy since he's going to be a big brother hopefully quite soon, and we came home with a nativity set complete with Mary, Joseph, some wise men, a shepherd, assorted animals, and of course, baby Jesus. Howie is completely obsessed with them. He has wanted to play with little else since these little people came into the house. One of his favorite things to do is to put little baby Jesus down for a nap in his manger and then say, "Get up, baby Jeje!!" (Howie's not really big on naps right now in his life.) The nativity scene has also hosted some people and animals that you wouldn't necessarily place there just from reading the biblical account, such as a fireman, policeman, 2 historical Vikings, and a dalmation. I guess the broader principle to be had is that Christ came for all, across every time and age.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
We have that nativity set too. I loved little people when I was a kid. :)
howie and his howie-isms make me laugh so hard. or maybe it's the way you describe them. this is so funny.
I don't know why this post struck my funny bone so heartily, but it did :) I am chuckling uncontrollably in a public place...hopefully not bothering my neighbors! So has the new little on arrived yet? And when can I come visit?? Hope you all are well!
Post a Comment