Monday, April 26, 2010

24 Viewers, I Need to Hear From You.

OK, I don't know how many of you are still faithful 24 viewers, but I am still hanging in there. I have so far watched every minute that Jack Bauer has ever been on TV, and now I've learned that his minutes are numbered. I'm very curious to see how this final season will wrap up. But let me just get a show of hands... how many of you were so mad that they killed Renee??? I was sooo mad!!! Is it so impossible to let Jack be happy for more than 10 minutes?? Seriously?? Call me naive but I was picturing Jack and Renee finally settling down after Jack tied up this last crisis in truly-24-unrealistic fashion and maybe having a new baby since Jack doesn't seem old enough to be the grandpa that he is and dropping off the radar and never being called again with another national security crisis. Ahh, it's not to be. Renee is dead, and Jack will probably die in the season finale although he's evaded certain death more times than the number of grains of sand on the seashore. So it's actually more unrealistic that he would die than live. Anyway, when I saw that a couple of weeks ago I said yet again, alas, Jack will truly never be happy and will continue in his tortured existence forever. Wow, that was depressing.

4 comments:

Laura said...

Betsy,

I knew they would kill off Renee. They always kill off the women he falls in love with. But I will be surprised if Jack dies at the end. It's just not Jack. Jack has 1238935736 lives. He will never die. It can't end that way..haha.

Laura

Jodi said...

Preach it sister! I TOTALLY agree with you and was very sad when Renee died, what's that all about? and again, Jack went solo/black ops/off the charts or whatever you want to call it at the end of last week.....saving the world all by himself.... again! Where did you hear that his minutes are numbered? mmmm 24 would never be the same, will they really have the nerve to do it?! :)

Laura Susan said...

You know we are still faithful to watching 24!!

I was really sad about Renee too... maybe I'm slow, but I totally didn't see it coming.

Also **spoiler alert** Springer said that 24 is coming out with a movie... so I'm thinking Jack will make it out of this season alive.

In other news... DANA WALSH! Oh my gosh! She is driving me crazy!

Jeff said...

I didn't freak out about Renee. Saw that coming.

But Dana Walsh! Freakin hate that girl.

I also thought it was pretty cheesy that he stole the helicopter and this last episode was a little strange with how Jack figured Chloe was setting him up. What I don't get is how Chloe and CTU didn't have the drone's at the scene to be able to see Jack going in and then Jack and whats-his-face leaving afterwards. they've used the drones in every episode but don't have it there??