Josh and I had the pleasure of going to a Cardinals game this past Friday night! It was amazing!! Our wonderful friends Lisa and Bryan took care of the boys and we left for a childless evening, which we so enjoyed. We had dinner together at Chipotle, tasty as ever, and then rode the Metro downtown to the stadium. By the way, let me say for the benefit of those readers who don't live in St Louis, St Louisans are serious about Cardinal baseball. Josh was appropriately dressed in blue and red, but I was wearing a white sweater and basically stuck out like a sore thumb. If you don't show up to the game in all Cardinal gear, you are less of a fan and less of a person. Now no one actually said that to me... I guess I projected that onto myself. Anyway we sat in the literal top row of the entire stadium (there's a seminary ticket for ya) but we could still see the game just great and we so enjoyed it. The game was a little slow until the 7th inning when the Cards offense finally got going and we got to see a GRAND SLAM!!! That was pretty much the most glorious moment of my baseball fanhood. Josh and I went appropriately ballistic and left the stadium 2 innings later (Cards 4, Mets 3) in a we-watched-a-really-good-game-with-a-grand-slam-without-out-kids- glow.
1 comment:
Awesome! Hooray for date nights!
Post a Comment