Josh, Betsy, Howie, Justice, & Wren Desch welcome you - blogging since January 2007
Friday, June 15, 2007
"Click Fraud" and Free Books
Some of you have perhaps noticed there is a new link on our blog. If you look to your right, you will see a link to Westminster Theological Seminary's online bookstore. For every 50 clicks from our blog to the online bookstore, I get a $10 free dollars to spend on books. First - and this just goes to show you how sinful people are, including myself - Westminster seminary has said they will be monitoring "click fraud." Yes, I did just write that: "click fraud." Click fraud is where someone repeatedly clicks on the link over and over again just to earn free book money. The fact that they even have to monitor click fraud is just sad. I mean, this is not Barnes and Noble we are talking about, its the bookstore of a reformed seminary! Probably the only people who are particpating in this program are people like me, future pastors or current pastors. I mean, who else wants to earn $10 free dollars to use toward items like Herman Bavink's Reformed Dogmatics? That being said, did I think about commiting "click fraud" for a few minutes after I first read about this program. Yes I did. Sinning to get reformed books, is there anything more sad than that? Anyway, that temptation passed without me giving in and I am now fully past it. I would love it if you would click on the link, but please do so because you are genuinly curious, and not just to help me get free books. If I might make a quick plug. In my opinion, this is the best online reformed bookstore out there. I believe it is worth a look. But that's up to you. Have a great day, and remember, no "click fraud"!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment