Monday, June 4, 2007

Happy Birthday, Aunt Martha!!

I would like to give a shout out to my Aunt Martha, whose birthday is TODAY!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, AUNT MARTHA!! My aunt is like my second mother. I have two cousins who are really close in age to me and my sisters, John and Adam. Adam is only 6 months older than I am, and the two of them have been like my brothers for as long as I can remember. If they weren't at our house during the summer, we were at their house. And if neither one of those things was happening, I was majorly, majorly bummed out. We were always together putting on silly plays, playing with other's Big Wheels, eating at our favorite pizza place Monicals, having slumber parties, having birthday parties, hanging out, and in more recent years, meeting Saturday mornings at Starbucks!

Anyway, Aunt Martha has been like my second mom for as long as I've been alive! It was so very special to grow up around my family. I love her and Uncle Glenn and my cousins soooo much. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, AUNT MARTHA!!! I wish I could be there with you!!

Baby Desch is going to be in good company in my family with a June birthday- Aunt Martha's is the 4th, Adam's is the 18th, John's is the 29th, and then my sisters Carrie and Emily have birthdays in early July, so this is a popular time of year to be born in my family. Lots of Trefzgers cakes eaten this time of year. Trefzgers is a legendary bakery in Peoria- I have consumed soooo much butter and sugar in the form of Trefzgers goodies over my lifetime, and every bite has been absolutely lucious. Next time any of you are in Peoria, make sure that we stop by Trefzgers, or Treffy's as we call it in my family.

Have a wonderful Monday!

No comments: