Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Poor LeBron

Are any of you watching the NBA finals? Game 3 was last night, and it was a real heartbreaker for the Cavaliers. I gave them several moments of silence after the game was over. Granted, the Cavs shouldn't have gotten themselves into the position where they had the ball down 3 with 5.5 seconds left, but I think LeBron was robbed on that last play. He was fouled shooting a 3 pointer which rimmed out , but it went un-called. Poor LeBron. Although LeBron makes more money than any human being should make, especially one playing basketball for a living, and he signed a $90 million endorsement deal with Nike, I still managed to feel sorry for him and rail against the injustice of it all.

Why did I feel sorry for some seriously overpaid, questionably-employed person? I mean, making a grossly excessive living playing a game? When there are people slaving away at the most grueling jobs in other places for pennies each day? But somehow I still found some sorrow in my heart for LeBron. I think most of the sadness stemmed from the fact that Tony Parker on the Spurs is in my sports Axis of Evil, as I said the other day. He honestly infuriates me. I realize that it's wasting energy to dislike someone so much who I will never have any contact with, but I DO NOT want the Spurs to win primarily because of him. All of those little sports commentators on ABC were singing his praises and offering their sacrifices to him like he's some sort of demi-god, and it made me want to throw the TV out the window. Why do I feel this strongly about him? Not sure. But those are the facts, folks. So join me in cheering for the downfall of the Spurs in this series. Sure, they're up 3-0 and only need to win one more game to take the championship, but there's always hope. As Journey so geniously sang in their '80s hit, "Don't Stop Believing." I'm with you, Journey. I'm not going to stop believing.

Let me tell you a story from this morning. As I've said before, I'm somewhat obsessed with strawberries. I LOVE eating them in the morning with cereal or waffles or whatever. We had gotten some strawberries a couple of days ago, and I ended up having to toss most of them because they were MOLDY and disgusting. Gross. So we took them back to Kroger and asked for some different ones since those were bad. We came home last night with 2 new boxes of strawberries, very excited. They looked so nice and red, and of course smelled divine. I woke up this morning excited about strawberries. I went into our kitchen to cut some for both of us and discovered that they were inadvertently left out last night instead of put in the fridge, and to my great dismay, they too were MOLDY!!!! WHAT??? After I was soooo excited about strawberries for breakfast???? Poor Josh. Josh puts up with a lot from me, and this morning was nooooo exception. I blamed him entirely for leaving them out, and of course he felt horrible. Here I was, looking pathetically pregnant, nasty morning hair, sooo upset about some moldy strawberries... poor, poor Josh. But once we moved past my meltdown, we decided that they must have been sick before they left Kroger to grow that furry carpet so fast, so we're going to take them back. Kroger must be peddling some old strawberries right now. That seems a little shady that we've gotten 4 moldy boxes in the last few days. Kroger, get some new produce. Yeesh. Anyway, that story illustrates the point that I am a bit on edge about this baby's arrival, and the littlest thing this morning set me off. I'm sure Josh will be glad when this baby is BORN!! I'm sorry, Darling.

Have a wonderful Wednesday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

BETS, i wore my pink Betsy shirt yesterday (and then it got pretty gross and sweaty since i was working in the yard all day but that's immaterial) and prayed for you and Babydesch a whole bunch. i love you so and am just rarin' to meet the little one.