Thursday, June 14, 2007

Sigh... Still Waiting

Well, we went to the OB yesterday afternoon and found that Baby Desch still doesn't seem to be in a hurry to get out... no signs of impending labor or anything encouraging like that. Oh well. I don't want Baby to feel rushed. After all, he/she did sign a lease that's good until June 24th, but probably soon thereafter he/she will be evicted from his/her womb-home. I think that he/she has grown a little too comfortable in there. I don't know how that's possible- you'd think you'd be so uncomfortable from being squished into a little ball with not much room to move at all!! I'd be sooo clausterphobic!! But I guess when you're still unborn you don't know that you have the ability to stretch. Birth is a big deal! Just think- seeing light and faces for the first time, feeling cold and hot for the first time, being touched for the first time, hearing loud noises for the first time- I'm sure that's hard for a little baby to deal with all at once! So while I sympathize with our baby in some sense, I am ready for him/her to come out. I will help him/her make the adjustment to life outside of the womb as fast as possible.

Josh and I are going through a major popsicle phase. We currently have banana, orange, grape, and cherry popsicles, those frozen pops in the plastic skinny tubes, 3 kinds of frozen yogurt, and I just finished a box of ice cream sandwiches last night. We are obsessed. I looooooooove popsicles. My mom and dad fed them to us for dessert like crazy when we were little- I've now figured out that they are the cheapest kind of sweet thing, so I now understand their logic. But popsicles are firmly engrained in my tastebuds as an excellent dessert. And frozen yogurt is just plain good, period.

I'm happy to report that we now have healthy strawberries in our apartment, sitting pretty in our refrigerator. Josh is such a wonderful husband. He brought them home from youth group last night, along with a bouquet of beautiful flowers. Did I deserve such nice treatment after my strawberry meltdown? No. Did I appreciate it? YES!!!!!!

Have a great Thursday!

No comments: