Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Last Day


What is the significance of this picture?  And the title of this post?  This is the last day we have our dear Howie with us during the morning.  Ever.  Except on weekends and holidays and sick days and summer of course, our precious Howie will be out of the house in the mornings for the next 13 years... he embarks on his school career tomorrow. This is the last movie that the boys will watch together in the morning, having nothing to do but whatever strikes our fancy.  The more I think about it, the sadder I am.  This is the beginning of letting go, and I'm not ready for this.  I know I will be a mess tomorrow as I take him to school and watch him leave my care for such a significant part of every day from here on out.  There's no going back.  Although there are definitely days that I would say I would love for him to be in school, I am viscerally sad that he's moving a little more toward independence.  Of course I know that parenting is a progressive process of letting go and entrusting them to God, and I'm so thankful that our Lord goes with Howie to school.  We will miss him horribly while he's gone, but I know that we will treasure the time that he is home during the day all the more.  Pics to come of him looking handsome and studious in his uniform tomorrow!

And this is just for fun.

No comments: