Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Apple Picking

We went apple picking last week in New York state... it was such a fun outing.  This was our first time picking together and I'm hoping that it becomes an annual fall tradition.  I love that God made apple trees to grow low to the ground- they were just the right size for short pickers.  We had 20 pounds picked in no time.  They are fabulous.  There is nothing that says fall is fast approaching like a delicious apple.  We're hoping to eat these and then go back to pick a different variety.



Apple picking on a hot August day in fire boots.  



Look at these beauties!  Now I'm thinking of anything apple that I've ever made.  Applesauce, apple crisp, apple cake... any other ideas?  YUM! 
Even Wren has discovered the joy of a wonderful apple.  (outfit disclaimer: Josh put those legwarmers on her
with that dress.)
Happy girl... a hard apple is also a good teething pain soother!  

No comments: