Remember this little guy?
Our precious Justice turned 3 yesterday... seriously, where did 3 years go? Time is a curious thing- I can't really remember what life was like before Justice was in our family, but I also can't believe that 3 years have gone by since we welcomed him at 7:24 on a beautiful September morning. I remember thinking the moment I saw him, "Wow, he looks exactly like Howie!" (And imagine my surprise when he was a boy after I had been convinced for months that we were having a little princess named Stella!) Over these 3 years it has been such a joy to watch him grow into his little self and begin to discover who he is. He loves to laugh and prance around on his tippy toes and squeeze his brother and sister (usually too hard) and play and read and watch Mickey and have awesome conversations. Josh and I always love hearing what he talks to himself about after the lights are out and Howie is asleep next to him in their bed. Tonight he was singing Hickory Dickory Dock. Sometimes it's Happy Birthday to himself over and over again- though the proximity to his actual birthday is a nonissue. He has a tender little heart, and when he loves you, he loves you with the whole of it.
We had a wonderful day celebrating yesterday. He was presented with a Lightning McQueen bike, much to his delight, which was followed by a family bike ride in the dead end street on one side of our house. He requested dinner at Smashburger, a family favorite, and after that we came back for brown (meaning: chocolate) cake, also at his request, and Oreo ice cream. Yum. Looking forward to another wonderful year for this special little boy.
| Family bike ride. Justy was thrilled with his shiny new bike. Obviously he's got some room to grow into his helmet. |
| Post blow-out. |
| If at some point your small pathetic spoon no longer does the job, upgrade to the ice cream scoop. |


No comments:
Post a Comment