Josh and I are on a major burrito kick. Burritos are little rolled up packages of goodness. Inside their tortilla outsides are hearts of gold. We started eating burritos one day when we didn't have anything for lunch and had to go to the store to find something. Let me tell you about our very favorites.
Somewhere there's a lady named Amy who makes really good foods found in the freezer section. I've had Amy's pizza, macaroni and cheese, and now her burritos, which are the current object of our obsession. Today we had a burrito filled with black beans, rice, and tomatoes. Wow, it was good. Just wrap it in a paper towel, pop it in the microwavel, and 3 minutes later a masterpiece of delight emerges from the microwave, steaming and ready for your enjoyment.
I think the reason that burritos are so nice is that they are kind of an all in one deal. Inside holds some protein, some carbohydrates, maybe some vegetables if you're lucky... it's a one stop shop. If you're ever hungry and don't know where to turn, remember Amy and her burritos. You won't be sorry.
Josh and I are going to have to get us some popsicles this weekend. Now that the kids are out of school and summer is officially kicked off, I'm craving those frozen sticks of goodness that remind me so much of lazy summer days. I'm planning on sitting on our little porch and racing against the clock to lick the popsicles into oblivion before they melt into juice and get all over my shirt. With Baby Desch growing as much as he/she is, juice wouldn't have far to go before it would fall on the shelf that is our baby and stain my shirt.
Enjoy your weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment