Josh and I went to the library on Saturday afternoon as part of our weekend of relaxation... I went in like a sad little puppy because I knew I was going to have my hand slapped. Somehow I have managed to rack up a $10.00 fine, which is the limit over which you cannot check anything else out. Hmm, I think to myself. How the heck did this happen? I am generally somewhat punctual with getting my library books and DVDs returned. I can see a $3.00 fine, but $10.00??? In order to shift as much of blame away from myself as possible, I've decided that one of two things must have happened.
a. Josh sabotaged me by checking things out on my card and not returning them on time. I don't know why he would do this exactly, but he seems awfully proud of the fact that he doesn't have a fine that prevents him from checking things out.
b. Columbia County is hurting for money and decided to get a few bucks out of me. They must have profiled me and decided that I seemed like the type who would not contest a sudden $10.00 fine showing up on their card, and would be likely to just pay it with no questions asked (which I'm planning to do).
It was pretty embarassing to go up to the librarian and ask if I could renew a book, only to have her say that I could only renew that one book and I couldn't check anything else out. I went away from the desk with my head hanging. But my shame was short-lived... I went downstairs to meet Josh and promptly picked books out to be checked out on his card. It's nice to have a spouse for many, many reasons, one of them being the power he or she gives you to subvert the system. Take that, Columbia County Library. I have a huge fine but STILL am enjoying the books I checked out over the weekend!!
It is a sizzling 91 degrees outside today, and now I'm beginning to fit the mold of a typical pregnant lady, who is always HOT!! I am uncomfortable beyond belief. Josh and I went to the OB yesterday (a good report! Praise the Lord!). As we were sitting in the waiting room, Josh noticed that I was radiating lots of heat... my body alone could probably heat a small room right now. Wow, it's hot. I'm so thankful that hopefully Baby Desch will be out before July starts.
Have a wonderful day!!
No comments:
Post a Comment