Tuesday, May 29, 2007

"Yeah, Your Baby Is Still In East Timbucktoo"

I went to our OB this morning, hoping for some good news that Baby Desch was beginning to make preparations for his/her coming into this world, i.e., that he/she was starting to drop down into the pelvis, which is one of the first signs that the birth could be approaching sometime. To my dismay, instead of this coveted news I heard the words of this post's title, "yeah, your baby is still in East Timbucktoo." Baby Desch, honestly. East Timbucktoo??? Couldn't you at least budge a little to make your mama happy??

I was telling Josh last night that I am getting more and more uncomfortable. I don't want to complain because I've had such an easy pregnancy. But when you've got this huge bump on your belly, it gets harder and harder to move! I'm beginning to have a hard time just getting in and out of bed, much less putting pants on, bending over to tie shoes or pick something up off of the floor... getting dressed now requires help from Josh, who is very sweet to help. It's just hard to find a comfortable position when laying in bed watching TV, sitting on the couch, etc. I'll be so glad to be able to lay on my stomach again. But I'm not complaining- I have really enjoyed being pregnant and sharing the space with a new little life. I'll just be glad when I can move around more freely. We have to go to the doctor once a week now until Baby Desch arrives, so maybe next week his/her progress will be a little more encouraging. Maybe he/she will have made a migration at least to Eastern Europe or something.

No comments: