Monday, May 7, 2007

Wow, This Weekend Was Crazy

Holy moly, this was an amazing weekend. Josh and I left for Chatty right after I got off work on Friday. We had a great time in the car- sang some '80s music, had lively discussions, drank a fountain root beer, etc. Josh stayed with his man friends on Friday night at Casselbuddy's, and I stayed with Rach and Apes. It was amazing. Saturday was wonderful. Camille Halstrom did not disappoint with the dramatic name reading- I think she had even upped the ante from my graduation a couple of years ago. Hearing name after name read can get very boring very fast, but not so at Covenant College's graduation... you're always waiting to hear how Camille will top herself at the next "SUMMA cum LAUDE!!" I've never anticipated a name with three asterisks beside it designating a summa cum laude student as much as I did on Saturday. Way to go, Camille. We had a wonderful lunch at Sticky Fingers with the Ryans- that crazy family!! I hadn't seen Kel for a long time and I hadn't seen the rest of the Ryans for even longer, so it was pretty incredible. If you've been keeping up with my pregnancy cravings, you know that barbeque has topped the charts in recent weeks, so Sticky Fingers was right up my alley. YUM!! We stayed and talked for a long time. We had such a great time catching up with so many friends and just having a blast in general. We got to see so many people who we have missed a lot... I wish those times happened more like once a week instead of once every few months.

Yesterday was also a blast with a church picnic and dinner with friends last night. Because of all of this excitement, you can imagine our reluctance to get out of bed this morning... pushed snooze for about a half-hour, finally got out of bed, sat at our table with bleary eyes, and ate some toast for breakfast. Anyone who has ever lived with Josh has experienced him in the morning. Today he really, really struggled, poor thing. Mondays are hard anyway, but especially after the weekend we had with lots of driving and even more excitement... but Monday morning is now behind us for the rest of the week, so that's a good thing.

Our next exciting trip on the horizon is coming up very quickly... this coming weekend!! We're going to Texas for my sister Marnie and her fiance Chris's quasi-wedding! They're having the actual ceremony in Italy, but this is a giant pre-wedding party with family and friends. It's going to be such a blast!! So expect next Monday's post to be full of lethargy too. We're going to be gathering up all of our friends for the long trip... Barry White, Luther Vandross, Cher, Bonnie Tyler, Tom Petty, Madonna, etc. They're going to get us all the way to Texas, provided that the ipod batteries last!!

Hope your weekend recovery is going well!

No comments: