Josh and I had a wonderful weekend. Friday night we hung out and did nothing, which was really nice. Saturday was a crazy, crazy day... Josh helped some friends at church move, I had a baby shower with the church ladies, we had a picnic for Josh's softball team, and then we celebrated for a little while with one of the girls from the youth group who graduated on Saturday night. It was all really fun, but we were pretty wiped out yesterday afternoon!
Well, Baby Desch is in his/her 5 week countdown!! June 24th was 5 weeks from yesterday! I can't believe that his/her arrival is coming so soon. It seems like the last few months have just flown by. That's really good in some ways- I'm looking forward to getting back into my normal clothes and not having this huge bump. Josh had to help me put some shorts on yesterday because I can't really bend over- the bump gets in the way. Long ago I abandoned tying my own shoes. But I'll also miss having this sweet little person inside. It's so much fun to feel him/her stretching and kicking, attempting to move in a space that grows increasingly smaller. I'll miss that silent companionship. But of course it will be wonderful to actually meet this little being and have him/her in our house instead of in my body. We're really looking forward to his/her coming!!
Meanwhile I am growing increasingly confident that Baby Desch is indeed a boy. Not only do I have a gut feeling, and have ever since we found out that the baby was coming, but Confucius say we're having a boy, and I've also been dreaming about Baby Desch for the last few nights and he's always a boy. I'll be thrilled either way, with a boy or a girl, but I might pass out if Baby Desch turns out to be a girl, just since Josh and I have been convinced for the last 8 months that we're having a boy. The good thing is that you can't go wrong. A little boy or a little girl will be just wonderful. It's fun to not know what we're having! Makes the labor all the more exciting.
I posted lots of pictures on our flickr page- follow the link and enjoy! Have a wonderful Monday!
No comments:
Post a Comment