Monday, February 12, 2007

Cruising Along on Monday Afternoon

I find that Mondays are always a special challenge in many ways, primarily, getting out of bed in the morning. Let me set the stage for you. First, anyone who has ever lived with me knows that I have a snooze problem- that button gets a lot of use in my bedroom. Second, our apartment has very poor insulation, so even if it's not that cold outside, for some reason it's freezing in our bedroom. Third, we have an amazing down comforter on our bed. It is the warmest thing I've ever slept under!! I love it because it's not too heavy or too hot- just right. Plus, it's covered by a duvet with a bright orange and yellow poppy. So not only is it warm, but also beautiful. Fourth, I think it's fair to say that many people struggle with going back to work after a nice weekend. Josh and I are no exception.

All of these factors add up to a slow start on Monday morning. But by this point in the day, I've gotten over the Monday duldrums and am looking forward to a busy week! We have our favorite show tonight, 24, from 8:00-10:00 (a 2 hour special! Woohoo!) at the home of our friends Carl and Maryann Sewell. Tomorrow night we go back to Lamaze, and between now and then we have to complete our homework of practicing relaxation techniques. How classic! Josh and I are putting off homework to watch TV!! This throws me back to Covenant days. Wednesday night we have a special Valentines Day youth group, which will be fun. Thursday night we have our Valentines Day dinner at Calvert's, which we're really looking forward to.

On Saturday night Josh and I went to a square dance along with Mr. and Mrs. Desch, who were in town from Peachtree City. Let me tell you, a good time was had by all! Who knew that square dancing could be so much work? We danced in the 4 couple squares, did a few different line dances, and one very long contra dance. It was such a blast. Josh looked so cute in his western shirt and jeans! If you want to see a fine example of dancing, you need to look no further than the Desch men. All of you know that Josh is crazy about dancing (as evidenced at Emily and Rob's wedding, after which he threw up in Mom and Dad's yard- too much exertion for one night!), but you may not know that this trait was inherited. Mr. Desch made us all proud in one particular line dance that the rest of us chose to sit out of since we were tired out from the long contra dance. He was going grapevining right and left, stepping back, and had a fabulous kick turn. That dance alone was newsworthy, and when put together with the rest of the night, Mr. Desch's performance was nothing short of show-stopping. I think he'd be right at home in Nashville.

By the way, I'm happy to report that Josh and I did a whopping 7 loads of laundry this weekend! Yes, that's right folks! 7 loads! We're back to having an empty laundry basket. We'll see how long its emptiness lasts. I'm projecting that we'll have to do some more laundry around Easter, but we've got several long weeks until then so I'm not going to dread it now.

Enjoy your Monday!

No comments: