Tuesday, February 13, 2007

The Significance of the 13th


Thanks, Josh, for sharing the wisdom of Confucius.

Now I (Betsy) have something to say myself. As of today Josh and I have been married for 9 months! In some ways it seems like we've been married for a really long time, but in other ways, it doesn't seem like very long since we were spending practically every waking hour on the phone. I know that my sister Carrie and Casselbuddy, Jim, and Josh Mather can appreciate how much time we spent on the phone. Yeesh, my phone thinks that it's been on a 9 month long trip to Tahiti since so much less is required of it these days than the same time last year. It has now taken up the practice of spontaneously dying in protest if I try to use it too much, even if it says that there's plenty of battery. My phone has gotten flabby.

Anyway, I'm so thankful to the Lord for 9 great months. Josh is so enjoyable to be around. He makes me laugh with what he says and how he is. This morning when he got up, even his curls made me laugh! He had a big one sticking up in the middle of the madness. I am continually humbled by how deeply he cares about my needs and wants and treats me so lovingly even when I act really ugly to him. He continues to redefine my ideas of how much it's possible to love someone.
Have a great night, ya'll!!

No comments: