Thursday, February 15, 2007

Plans For the Future

Josh and I have decided when we move to our new apartment in Evans that we'd like to try growing a garden! Now, if our general housekeeping skills are predictors for how our garden will fare, it's not looking too good, but hopefully we'll be able to plant some things and keep them alive! We've got seeds for all types of flowers- Oriental poppies, California poppies (we're big poppy fans), impatiens, daisies, pansies, etc., along with seeds for herbs like parsley, coriander, basil, rosemary, sage, and cilantro. I can't wait to try! I've never tried to keep that many plants alive, so we'll see how it goes. If our project fails, we can always go back to growing geraniums in pots outside of our door. That seems pretty fail-safe.

Another thing I'm hoping for at our new apartment is a clothes line. There's nothing that smells quite as clean and fresh as clothes that have been dried outside in the sunshine! I'm hoping that we'll be able to find some room to hang up a string and let our clothes enjoy the great outdoors. That includes Baby Desch's diapers! We're planning on using cloth diapers, which obviously will create a lot of laundry (which makes us cringe, as you realize), but will hopefully prove to be a cheaper and more earth-friendly choice.

Josh and I are excited to have a blank slate to work with at our new apartment. We're excited about making it home- hanging pictures, arranging furniture, filling vases (hopefully with flowers from our garden- keep your fingers crossed), making room for Baby Desch, etc. We're hoping that you'll all be able to come and see us in our new home!

Much love from Martinez!! Have a great night!!

No comments: