Josh, Betsy, Howie, Justice, & Wren Desch welcome you - blogging since January 2007
Tuesday, February 6, 2007
Thinking About Tea
Ya'll, I've (Betsy) always wanted to be a tea drinker. I think there's really something to having a cup of tea. It feels sophisticated, healthy, and adult-ish. But every time I do it, I think it tastes horrible. Take today for example. I was really dragging at work after lunch, so I decided to brew a cup of green tea with gingseng that we had at home. I got the water good and hot, dropped the bag in, gave it plenty of time to brew, and took a sip, full of anticipation. It was pretty bad. Tasted somewhere inbetween the smell of freshly cut grass and spearmint. Not good. So as much as I wish I liked tea, both for its image and its health benefits, I've resigned myself to the fact that I don't, and any cup I drink is going to be somewhat of a disappointment. Any tea drinkers out there, and I know you're there (Angela), let me know what your secret is so I can get on my way to having a better relationship with tea.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I hear yah, Bits. It is pretty bad. I think the key is to douse it w/ sucre, which naturally negates some of your sought after health benefits.
You are so funny..and so misguided! I'll keep working on you. You'll become a sophisticated tea drinker sometime - well we can at least work on becoming a tea drinker. The sophistication might be a little harder to accomplish. :)
Post a Comment