Ahh, Valentines Day. A holiday dedicated to pink, hearts, candy, flowers, and love. What's not to like?? I've always loved Valentines Day, even when I was younger. I woke up this morning excited, and appropriately put on a pink shirt, pink shoes, and a heart in my hair to celebrate the day.
Josh and I are gearing up to move in just about 4 weeks, which is exciting and sad too! We both love our apartment so much, even though it's small, poorly insulated, sits next to some occasionally quite loud neighbors, makes weird noises when you pour water down the drain (?), and has a couple burners on the stove that heat way too hot way too fast. We've painted it orange and red, we've covered its walls with beautiful pictures, we've lovingly arranged our furniture, we've tried (usually in vain) to keep it clean. And now we're leaving a month and a half before our lease is up to move into an apartment that we'll be able to better afford on our post-baby income. We love this apartment- our first home!
We're not moving very far away- probably about 9 miles or so from our apartment in Martinez to our new apartment in Evans. A local family has graciously offered us their guest apartment over their garage for our new home, and we couldn't be more grateful or excited. We know that this will become the place we treasure as home, but for now, we'll miss our little home in a small corner of an apartment building on Blue Ridge Drive as we make the transition.
Well, anyway, I hope that each one of you enjoys your Valentines Day!! Here's to love and the color pink!
No comments:
Post a Comment