Well, Josh and I were very happy to see Peyton Manning and the Colts win last night. Although I felt in part that I was betraying my homeland, it is undeniable that Peyton Manning is a better quarterback than Rex Grossman, has played in the league longer, does funny commercials- seems like an all-around good guy and an amazing football player. Josh and I both were a little disappointed with the game. The weather made for some bad playing conditions, which was unfortunate. I think the game would have been more interesting and maybe more competitive had it been clear and dry on the field. But it was still good. We're both mourning the end of the season.
In other news, I came into work today and found out that I won a Valentines dinner for Josh and me at a fancy restaurant! How fun is that? A lady from a glass company that solicits our referrals at State Farm brought by a jar of M & Ms a few weeks ago and said that the person who guessed the closest to the number of M & Ms in the jar would win a dinner for two. My boss Don went to work counting the number of M & Ms in the bottom of the jar and then counted the number of rows in it, and came up with his guess of 645, which he shared with me. The jar wasn't very big, but I always seem to guess too low on that kind of thing, so I thought I'd guess 575, a good compromise between Don's number (which was probably just about right) and my own natural tendencies. Well, lo and behold we found out today that the right number was 602! So I won!! WOOHOO!! Since Valentines Day falls on a Wednesday and we have youth group, we're going to go on the 15th. Can't wait! Isn't that great news for a Monday?
No comments:
Post a Comment