We've got an incredible weekend coming up here, Folks. For starters, my mom, Aunt Martha, and Grandma are coming into Augusta tonight!! WOOP!! Can we get a "that's going to be amazing" please??? We haven't seen them since Thanksgiving, so that will obviously be wonderful. My sister Jennie is flying into Atlanta tonight and she, my sister Marnie, and her fiance Chris are coming to Augusta tomorrow!! Then comes Sunday... Josh is preaching in church on Exodus 7, and in the afternoon we've got a couples baby shower for Baby Desch!! So pretty much this weekend is going to be amazing. We're sooo excited to see my family!
We finally got our rears in gear last night and put away the last of our stuff in our apartment. It looks wonderful! Josh took some pictures to document the orderliness of it all, since we're too realistic to think that it will stay like this for long.
I'm beginning to realize how good I had it in school in so many ways. To put it bluntly, working is just not all it's cracked up to be. I mean, think about school. Yeah you have to bust your butt studying and writing and cramming, but the schedule is great... you're not really in class for that long each day, you get these amazing breaks for Christmas and summer, etc. I'm really jealous of the youth because they're looking forward to summer break. Hello??? I need a summer break!! I've put in a solid 2 years to the work force and I'm ready for some TIME OFF. Like at least 3+ months. Now you might say, "Well, Betsy, aren't you quitting your job when Baby Desch arrives?" And to that I'd be forced to say, "Actually, yes." But that's not the point!! I wouldn't know since I've never done it, but I doubt staying home with a teensy baby is much of a summer break. I'm talking about the kind where you have nothing to do but sit on the porch, lick melting popsicles, ride your bike down the street to your friend's house, catch fireflies, play red light-green light-dynamite blue, get really sweaty running around, put on your swimsuit and run through the sprinkler, find the hose to be THE source of entertainment and refreshment, lay in bed really sticky-sweaty with a fan blowing on you to read a book, go to swimming lessons, fry your buns on really hot car seats, etc. THAT'S the kind of summer I'm ready for!! Heck, I'm re-taking my childhood by storm!! Who's with me?? That was such an amazing time of life and I didn't even know it. Why can't there be some kind of rewind thing where you could re-do all of those activities and appreciate them like you would now?
Well, Friends, have a marvelous weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment