Last weekend was sooo amazing. My mom and grandma came into town on Friday night, and after seeing our apartment, we promptly took them to just about our favorite place in town, The Pizza Joint. (Last Friday made 3 times eating there last week for me and Josh. We're serious about this place.) After dinner my mom realized that she couldn't find her wallet... now this was no cause for concern because this happens all the time. Usually it's in her pockets or purse or in the car somewhere. I have learned over the years not to panic as my mom "lost" assorted mittens, sunglasses, wallets, etc. They're usually in a very obvious place which was overlooked by her panic. Turns out that she had left it in her hotel room. The things that she loses usually aren't off the premises, so maybe this time deeming it "lost" was warrented. Anyway, dinner was wonderful.
We woke up Saturday morning and made breakfast for my mom and grandma, which consisted of scrambled eggs (remember that Josh is the king of the griddle), grapefuit, and tea. Yum. After that Josh and I had a going away party for our friends Laura Susan and Springer, who are moving to Columbus, GA, this weekend. We went to the Red Robin, a new restaurant in town. We had a blast with them, even though we're very sad that they're leaving. Then we picked up Mom and Grandma, who had been shopping, and took them back to our apartment. Later that afternoon we were joined by my sisters Marnie and Jennie and Marnie's fiance Chris, who came down from Greenville. Jennie was in town for the weekend from Peoria!! We had a wonderful time with them... went to Sticky Fingers for dinner, which is a guaranteed good time. The food was sooooo good. Josh and I both had barbeque, and Baby Desch was loving it. He/she has become quite the Southerner. My grandma was being her usual self, meaning that she was so funny that I was crying. Needless to say a good time was had by all.
Josh preached in church Sunday morning on Exodus 7, and it was wonderful. I was way more nervous than he was... in fact, I kept asking him if he was nervous, and he finally told me to quit so I wouldn't make him nervous!! We prayed about it a lot, and I think God really blessed Josh as he preached. Then Sunday afternoon our small group from church (who we LOVE) threw us a baby shower!!! It was sooo much fun. Josh's parents from Peachtree City came up for the day, and we all had a blast. Baby Desch is beginning to have many earthly possessions. We felt honored and loved. Then Mr. & Mrs. Desch and my mom and grandma left town. It was a wonderful weekend.
This weekend we're helping our friends Laura Susan and Springer get packed up for Columbus. They are such good friends and we'll miss them horribly, but we wish them the best in their new situation!!
Have a wonderful weekend!!
2 comments:
bets! i can't wait to see you over graduation weekend! can i ask permission to touch your tummy?!
LOVE.
- 'lis
Lis, of course you can touch my tummy!! It is open to all RITLs with no questions asked. I can't wait to see you!!!!
Post a Comment