Can ya'll believe today is April 2nd? I feel like it was yesterday when 2007 made its big debut. We had another great weekend. We have some friends from work who just bought a pontoon boat this past week, and they took us out on one of its maiden voyages on Saturday. It was sooo fun!! Josh and I both got somewhat fried, of course. We met our friends at the dock at 10:00 and it was still pretty cool- when we got going in the boat, the wind was cold, so we bundled up with a sweatshirt and beach towel over our legs. But it didn't stay chilly. We stopped to barbeque right on the boat around 1:00, and by that time it was HOT!! I think we both got fried in the time that it took to barbeque, eat, hang out, and get back to the dock. We both got those really lame sunburns where you ask "How the heck did that shape get burnt into my skin?" I hate getting those, but I will forever have the type of skin where if you put your hand over your knee for too long, you'll get finger-shaped burns. But that's OK, it was worth it. I really like boat rides. Our friends have this really cool grill that folds up and you can unfold it and grill right there on the boat!! We just parked, threw down the anchor, and ate lunch. Yum!!
To continue in the spirit of spring celebration, Josh and I ate corn on the cob last night for dinner. My mom has always called it corn on YOUR cob. It was soooo good!! I love corn on the cob soo much. My mom always saddled me with the job of shucking like 20 ears of corn, and I always took a brown paper grocery bag out on the back deck and shucked away. Corn on the cob makes me think of SUMMER!!! Josh and I are hoping to buy a grill now that we're in our new apartment so we can make some of those good things for summer... barbequed chicken, hamburgers, baked potatoes, of course HOT DOGS, etc. YUM!! It's in the mid- 80's today, and I'm sooo ready for summer clothes weather. I'm wearing a quasi-long sleeved shirt, and I'm about to combust. Bring it on!!
No comments:
Post a Comment