Thursday, April 26, 2007

Josh, the Next Barry Bonds

I would like everyone to know that Josh Desch hit an amazing home run at his church softball game on Tuesday night. This was a home run for the ages. I unfortunately missed the launch of the ball from his bat because I was unwrapping a piece of bazooka bubble gum in the stands (come on, you know that stuff is good), but once I looked up and realized what was happening, I went crazy. Josh hit the ball over the heads of the other team's outfielders, almost to the fence. It was incredible. He blazed around the bases and had a huge smile on his face coming around to home plate. The crowd went bonkers, the crowd consisting of me and a few other ladies. But this was a hit to remember. I'm so proud of him. The ladies asked me what I had fed him, and just laughed... if they knew the truth. For dinner Tuesday night we had eaten random stuff around the fridge since we didn't have much time. A half piece of pizza that was getting a little hard, some green beans, some scrambled eggs, an Arnold Palmer... wow, I guess that strange mix of food worked some wonders. Maybe we'll try to replicate that in hopes of producing another home run in tonight's game. Now by the title of today's post I in no way meant to insinuate that Josh is taking shady quasi-drugs. This boy doesn't need that to slam it out of the park. Take that, Barry Bonds.

This has been a really busy week so far, but good. It's heating up nicely in Augusta- today the high was 87. WOOP!! I'm starting to get into this hot, hot summer thing.

Have a wonderful day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Josh, maybe you should work on finding an agent! Maybe we can play baseball in Texas in a few weeks; you can show your brawn and might.