
The following is a true story. The other day, I went to the gym after youth group with Bets. One of the youth in our youth group, who is 13 years old, asked to go with us. His mom promised to pick him up right when we were planning on leaving the gym, so I said okay. This kid plays on his school's middle school basketball team, but no one would describe him as a big 13 year old. Well, in case you didn't know this, when I was at Covenant one of my goals was to get my weight up to 150 pounds (which I never did), so I am certainly not a big guy. But still, I'm a 23 year old youth pastor, so I expected my performance at the gym to be better than it was. The 13 year old and I go to lift weights, and we start out at the incline bench, at my request. Well, to make a long story short, he ends up benching more than me . . . his youth pastor . . . who has graduated from college. Moral of the story? I need to start lifting some heavier commentaries in my office, because this was a real low point, kind of like when you finally reached that age when you realize that most of the guys getting drafted in professional sports are now younger than you. Well, I'm glad I'm still not banking on the NBA like I was when I was 8 or 9.
1 comment:
but i'm guessing that kid hasn't produced an offspring. just bring that up next time, and seize the moment to talk about safe sex.
Post a Comment