Tuesday, April 24, 2007

The Best of Times, The Worst of Times

Friends, being pregnant is unlike anything I've ever done. Allow me to elaborate.

In some ways, being pregnant is the BEST of times.
  • A fun bump keeps growing and growing.
  • You get to be excited about a baby coming.
  • You get to put really cute baby things in your house.
  • You get to feel a miniature human being moving inside of your belly. That is beyond description.
  • You get to consume extra calories for the sake of the baby's growth and well-being.
  • You often get to be the one in the group who picks where you go out to eat, because people know pregnant women are weird about food.

In some ways, being pregnant is the WORST of times.

  • You have KILLER heartburn all the time. I mean KILLER.
  • Your feet, legs, and hands swell really bad. I officially have cankles, something I've never, ever wanted. (You know, where your ankles just sort of run into your calves and you can't tell the difference.)
  • You sometimes panic when you're trying to sleep, realizing that a baby is coming and is going to change your life forever... did we make a bad decision??? Should we start contacting adoption agencies? (Don't worry, this one always passes.)
  • You have to sleep on your side, which gets old and also leads to backaches.
  • You endure endless poking and prodding by the hands of your doctor and nurses.
  • Early on, foods you once loved make you want to throw up.
  • You have to go to the bathroom every 20 minutes. Josh and I are driving to Dallas in 3 weeks for my sister's wedding... I already feel sorry for him. "Baby, can you pull over again?"

We are sooo very excited about Baby Desch's arrival, which is supposed to be 2 months from today!! Pregnancy has been fun, and I've had it easy compared to what a lot of women experience.

We had a wonderful, busy weekend!! More on that to come!!

1 comment:

cassel_____ said...

you guys are ridiculous. I love it.

can't wait to see you may 5!