Monday, April 16, 2007

It's Monday... Sigh.

Josh and I had a wonderful weekend. Yesterday was his birthday!! WOOP!! We had such a great time! We had church and Sunday School, went to lunch at the Pizza Joint... let me pause here to say something funny. If you've ever eaten pizza with anyone from my family, you know that we all like green peppers on our pizza. It's a pretty incredible combo. So I ordered a piece of pizza with green peppers. When the pizza came out, I looked on my lunch with horror... it was covered in BANANA peppers. Not my little green friends, but some horrible, fluorescent yellow imposters. I will readily admit that I am a picky person, and banana peppers just do NOT have a place in my limited repertoire of allowable foods. So we talked to the lady serving us when she came back to see how it was going, and Josh said, "I think my wife ordered green peppers..." The lady said "They're not the spicy ones." It was really uncomfortable for a minute there. Clearly the peppers were not GREEN. They were in fact a disturbing shade of YELLOW. But we didn't want to be rude and insist that they indeed were not green peppers, so we said it was fine and let her go. I think that lady is not a pepper eater, because it seems like she only had two categories... spicy and not spicy. But it turned out OK. We also got to relax for much of the afternoon, which was wonderful. Over all Josh had an amazing birthday, I'd say. We went to our church small group, which we LOVE, and then came home only to find that one of our favorite shows was on, Deal or No Deal. Gotta love that Howie with his bald head. The lady on last night could have walked away with $170,000, but instead she kept picking cases because a $2,000,000 case was still out there... she picked the 2 million on her next turn, and the offer from the banker went down to $7,500. From $170,000 to $7,500. Did she make a bad choice or what??? She ended up with a measley $15,000. Now listen, if someone came up to me in the middle of the street and offered me $15,000, I'd be OVERJOYED. But when you had the chance to take home $170,000, it doesn't look like much. Josh and I have perfected our idea of when to walk away, and we can't wait to go on. I think that's how the Lord is going to provide for seminary. NBC is going to indirectly fund the work of God's kingdom.

We went to our OB this morning for a check up, and let me tell you, folks- this baby is starting to get kind of pushy!! He/she was kicking me sooo hard this morning! Maybe he/she knows there's only about 10 weeks to go, and he/she's getting antsy. I had a test for gestational diabetes this morning, which meant I had to fast since late last night. Josh got up and decided that he wanted to eat leftovers from Outback Steakhouse, where we met my sister Marnie and her precious fiance Chris on Saturday night for dinner. (That dinner was phenomenal- the food was delicious and the company of course delightful. We love those two sooo much!!) So Josh put a steak in the microwave to have for breakfast, and I ate nothing. That was pretty funny. By the time we got to the doctor's office, I was sooo thirsty. The nurse drew some blood and then gave me this juice to drink that was like Hawaiian Punch on speed, with lots more sugar, but it tasted amazing. I slurped it all down. Yum. Not eating or drinking for even a short time makes you so grateful for food and drinks! Baby Desch is doing fine!! The nurse had a hard time pinning him/her down to listen to the little heartbeat, but he/she finally succumbed to the examination.

So that's our report. It was a wonderful weekend and an eventful day. We posted some new pictures on flickr, so be sure to take a look!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yay, bets! so glad to here that baby desch is doing well -- i can't wait to meet him/her. i also approve of the plan for nbc to fund the work of the kingdom by giving you money for seminary...especially if seminary means st. louis ;)

SO much love.
- 'lis